Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tonight is the Night!!!!!!

Once again I have to apologize for not writing more frequently over the last couple of weeks, thanks for understanding.

I just finished practicing my pole dance for tonight's showcase/fundraiser. Of course, it was a disaster. A common mistake of being over rehearsed and trying to throw in new stuff which just results in chaos. I have also been having a mental block on one of my spins that starts from the left, after a couple of times I get it but there isn't going to be any "do overs" this evening.

And then there's the whole schmuck factor of me trying to look and act like I know what I'm doing in an environment I've never been a part of before. Mr. Bunny Bedford is coming along for support and a night out. Some night out. He is a brave man but I know he is very nervous for me. What if I fall? What if I get laughed at? What if one of his friends from high school randomly shows up and then posts unflattering pictures of me on facebook, what if, what if, what if. I can't blame him. I have the same concerns but my excitement and hard work is winning over.

My three year old has been having fun learning to slide down Mommy's fireman pole. Oh, boy. After pole dancing my next conquest is potty training. So if anyone out there has any brilliant suggestions, I'm all bunny ears.

Anyway, I'm off to pick an outfit--what does one wear to such a function (other than my costume, of course)?And I've been holding off on shaving my legs--that'll take a while, then I have to find my craft adhesive so I can spray my boobs into the top of my costume before we leave the house--I want to avoid any wardrobe malfunctions, figure out what chicken nugget combo to serve for dinner tonight and the obligatory vacuuming and laundry duty.

It has the makings of a very full day. Wish me luck! Send me good vibes! I will report back to you soon.

1 comment: