Friday, December 3, 2010

Recap

Boy, it's been an up-and-down week for this little bunny, that's all I can say. I think there's more check marks in my win column for the week than losses; although, it wasn't much fun getting here. Let's take a minute to see how it stacks up thus far.

In the Losses Column:

1. Came home Saturday night from visiting relatives over Thanksgiving and found that my son had changed the setting on the refrigerator before we left so halph of everything in the freezer was defrosted and the refrigerator was completely shut off. I had to purge half our food, the other half was ok because the door had been shut for a couple of days sealing in the cold air.

2. Sunday night we attempted to take him to see Christmas lights with my mother-in-law. He fell asleep in the car on the way there because he refuses to take a nap anymore. We had to wake him up which is totally unpleasant to say the least. So he acted like a complete ass the entire time we were there in the freezing cold. Some day it will be a funny story. I hope. The good news was we managed to totally avoid Santa--my son likes the idea of Santa, but not Santa the big hairy guy.

3. I didn't make it to Zumba on Monday (which I love, love, love) because of the most heinous period cramps of my entire life. I actually thought I had the flu or food poisoning before I realized what it was. I had the chills and everything. I really wish I could be done with birth control because I am so fucking sick of dealing with side effects and mode swings and blah blah blah. Then again, I don't feel like dealing with pregnancy side effects and mode swings and blah blah blah.

4. I don't know if you are aware of this or not but men can be total idiots some times. Real stupid idiots. Let's leave number four at that.

5. Yesterday I was walking out the door to go to my second strip tease class and realized I locked myself out of the house and had no spare car key or spare house key. Thankfully there was one window on our front porch that wasn't locked so I managed to get back in. I didn't make it to class, though, because my instructor was apparently called into Manhattan at the last minute. Glad I called to tell them I wasn't coming because otherwise I would not have known she was not going to be there.

6. Today I spent 20 minutes in hell taking my son for a haircut. He's getting his Christmas pictures take tomorrow and desperately needed a trim. I literally had to hold him in a head lock while he screamed and cried and told me he hates me. All in front of four or five little biddies waiting to get their silver blue Ronald McDonald perms fixed. It was awesome. I promised that if he was good we'd go to McDonald's afterwards and needless to say, we skipped that and came straight home. I was really looking forward to a McDouble. Goddamn kid.

The day is not over yet, though. Hopefully we can rally after "naptime".

Ok, on to the Wins Column:

1. My Aunt gave me this really great cookbook called Deceptively Delicious. It's written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife and all the recipes are kid friendly with hidden vegetables in them. So far I've made grilled cheese with yellow squash in it twice and my little guy gobbled it right up. That itself it worth all the other trouble this week. Next I'm going to try the chocolate pudding with spinach. Yum?

2. I've been trying to do a lot of research on all things Burlesque in the last two weeks and have found some really great resources--but I'll talk about this more later.

3. I'm pretty sure I found the piece of music I want to use for my debut act. It's relatively popular but it doesn't seem like anyone is currently using it or using it in the same way as I intend to.

4. I bought a dress!!! Of course, it was a three a.m. Ebay purchase (are there any other kind?) it was a decent price and free shipping. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it is going to fit the way I want it to. If it's not quite right I can certainly tinker with it. I decided I'm not ready to start building my costumes from scratch. That will come eventually if all works out that way I hope it does. I wouldn't mind doing headpieces or accessories, modifying pieces but I'm not ready to make a gown from a pattern. I want to start working with the dress as soon as possible so buying one makes me more comfortable.

5. I got on the scale today and found out I lost two pounds!!!! Over Thanksgiving!!???? I Know! But I got on twice just to check it and it's true. This last ten pounds I'm trying to lose is being so stubborn but at least now I have eight to lose--not ten.

6. I cleaned out my makeup drawer in the bathroom and realized that most of my stuff was waaaayyyy to old to still use. If I was still working I probably would have gone through it by now. So I pitched 90% of it and went on Sephora and bought new stuff! Yes! I love to buy make up and shoes and they're the two things I wear the least these days.

Well, that's all I got for now. Wish me luck for the weekend and I wish you luck for your weekend as well. I'll be back in a few days with some research findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment